New Community Grant Scheme
The CAN DO Parish Fund is offering grants of up to £500 to support Parish Councils and other community groups to undertake projects relating to the cultural and natural heritage of the CAN DO area.
The CAN DO area is comprised of the western sections of the North York Moors National Park and Howardian Hills AONB. AONB Parishes within The Area include: Gilling East, Grimston, Hovingham, Nunnington, Sproxton, Stonegrave, Coulton, Yearsley, Newburgh, Oulston, Brandsby-cum-Stearsby, Husthwaite, Ampleforth, Oswaldkirk, Scackleton, Dalby-cum-Skewsby and Coxwold.
Aims of the CAN DO Parish Fund are:
- To conserve and enhance the natural or cultural heirage of the area
- To improve the landscape in order to develop the character and distinctiveness of the area
- To enhance understanding of the area's cultural and natural heritage and how they are linked
- To improve access to features in the area
- To encourage high standards of environmental good practice
If you think that your idea works towards achieving one or more of these aims then please take a look at the CANDO Parish Fund Leaflet to find out more or have a look at the CANDO web page. Both the web page and the leaflet also contain a map of the CAN DO area.
The Application Form is straight forward to complete (and not too lengthy!). Guidance has been produced for Parish Councils and Applicants to help you.
If you want to discuss your Project Idea prior to applying then please contact Lyn Mansfield (CAN DO Partnership Co-ordinator) by e-mail or by phoning the National Park Headquarters on 01439 770657.
News Posted: 2 June 2008
If you have an enquiry about the Howardian Hills AONB please contact us