What we do
The AONB Unit plays a vital role in the conservation and enhancement of the AONB. This role includes:
- Providing advice, practical support and grant aid to farmers, landowners, local businesses and communities to conserve and enhance landscape features, wildlife habitats, community facilities and local business activity.
- Encouraging landowners to play a positive role in enhancing the AONB through the take up of schemes such as Environmental Stewardship and the English Woodland Grant Scheme.
- Working with local communities and Public Rights of Way Officers to improve access in the Howardian Hills.
- Working in partnership with others to further the work of the AONB Joint Advisory Committee.
- Raising awareness of the AONB by undertaking promotion work.
If you have an enquiry about the Howardian Hills AONB please contact us